For both professional and amateur fishing enthusiasts, the lithium battery for trolling motor chosen can make a big difference when it comes to how long you’re out on the water, which is why finding the right one is so important. These lithium-ion batteries can be used in a variety of motors, including the 12V, 24V, and 36V types.
Better still, when you buy a lithium-ion battery for trolling motor, you can count on being able to use it regardless of the brand of motor you currently own, making these batteries very versatile indeed. When you’re an angler, you now have choices when it comes to the type of battery you select so finding the right one is now easier than ever.
Different Lithium Ion Trolling Motor Battery Comparison Chart
Detailed Trolling Motor Lithium ion Battery Reviews
1. Battle Born LiFePO4 Deep Cycle Battery
Made by Battle Born, this 12V lithium ion trolling motor battery has built-in BMS and is perfect not only for boat trolling motors but also for vans, RVs, campers, and even off-grid applications. It measures 13” x 7” x 9” and weighs 29 pounds, making it a sturdy and well-built battery. Dependable and long-lasting, the LiFePO4 deep cycle battery is even rechargeable, which means that it can be with you for a very long time.
It is easy to install and gives you many years of reliable service, enabling you to install it and then start concentrating on something else for a change.This is a 100-amp battery with a maximum surge current of 200 amps and it even comes with an excellent 10-year warranty for your convenience.
For all brands of trolling motors, this Battle Born LiFePO4 rechargeable battery will always be able to accommodate your needs.
- Offers maximum continuous and surge currents of 100 amps and 200 amps respectively
- Recharges for long-time use
- Works on all brands of trolling motors
- Some complaints about them not recharging after a certain period of time
- Some concerns about them not lasting very long
2. VMAX VPG12C-50Li Lithium Ion 50AH 12V U1 Battery
This Outsunny Transom 55-pound trolling motor lithium battery is less expensive than many others but still offers the reliability and performance that you want and deserve in a battery. Its 8” x 5” x 6” size means that it will never be too cumbersome for you and it even comes with an LCD display screen that makes viewing the battery’s voltage and capacity very easy.
The VMAX battery comes with a charger, a carrying case and strap, and a battery power generator, providing you with everything that you need to install and operate it as soon as you get it out of the package. Recharging it is easy as well because you can either use the USB ports or connect your 12V inverter/device to the actual battery terminals.
This battery is also recommended for camping, most deep cycle applications, and solar power backups so it is quite a versatile and useful battery. Check out more VMAX Marine Batteries >>>
- Comes with everything you need to use it immediately
- Is lightweight at only 12 pounds
- Can be used in a variety of applications
- Some concerns about poor customer service
- Some complaints about it becoming dysfunctional after only a short period of time
3. 12V Lithium Battery 60 Ah
It is one of the most convenient from all other lithium ion trolling motor batteries manufactured by Waterblade, this is extra lightweight and even has a lead light for the charge meter. This 12V lithium trolling battery can be used for many types of electric motors and even electronics and appliances. It also offers an excellent power and safety device to prevent it from blowing up and it comes with its own charger for your convenience.
Another advantage of the Waterblade lithium trolling motor battery is that it can provide up to four days of continuous use before having to be recharged. It can even be used on specialized boats such as kayaks. It can actually make some boats feel lighter and runs continuously so that you can concentrate on your fishing expedition and nothing else.
- A reliable battery that keeps you on the water for a very long time
- Ability to be charged with a solar panel
- A very lightweight and portable battery
- The price can be prohibitive for some people.
- It is not waterproof, although it is water-resistant.
Why Lithium Battery For Trolling Motor ?
Does it Float Your Boat?
Lithium ion battery for trolling motor usually weigh a lot less than traditional lead acid batteries, which means that many of them can even float. Despite their overall size and cost, most lithium-ion batteries are lightweight and can help make your boat lighter. The latter is very important, especially in tournaments or other types of competition, because it saves you both on time and on fuel efficiency.
Lighter batteries mean that your boat weight will be lower and this is crucial during any type of competition. You certainly don’t want to be in the middle of a tournament and have to start worrying about the weight and speed of your boat; with a good lithium-ion battery, you won’t have to.
Does it Offer a Faster Top-End Speed?
There are many advantages to the variety of lightweight lithium-ion batteries on the market today and this feature alone means a faster top-end speed. In fact, compared to lead acid batteries, lithium-ion batteries can increase the top-end speed of your boat by a minimum of two to three miles per hour every time. Once again, this is imperative in any type of competition because tournament anglers need to cut down on their time if they want to win.
You can also get these results even if you have a heavy boatload already because the lithium-ion batteries work efficiently but add very little weight to your boat.
Does it Have Good Fuel Efficiency?
Lighter batteries always mean better fuel efficiency and you simply can’t get any lighter than a lithium-ion battery. Regardless of fuel prices, you want a battery that is as efficient as possible and lithium-ion batteries offer top-notch fuel efficiency every time for many types of boats. Considering that many anglers use roughly 25 gallons of gas per tournament, the savings with a lithium-ion battery can really add up quickly.
Lithium-Ion Battery Advantages
As you can already tell, lithium marine trolling batteries offer many advantages over the standard lead-acid battery and they include the following:
- They have a higher energy density, which means that the item it’s charging will keep that charge much longer.
- There are many types of lithium-ion batteries available, making them perfect for everything from mobile electronic equipment to power tools and even electric vehicles.
- Unlike some rechargeable cells, lithium-ion batteries do not need to be primed when supplying the first power charge.
- They have a much lower rate of self-discharge, which usually falls to roughly 1% to 2% per month after the first month of use.
- They are a very low-maintenance product, especially when compared to lead-acid batteries.
Although there are some limitations with the lithium-ion battery, the pros certainly outweigh the cons, which is one of the many reasons why the technology used with the battery keeps growing along with its popularity and use.
Why Switch to the Best Lithium Trolling Motor Battery?
There are many reasons to switch from a regular lead acid battery to a lithium-ion battery and these include the following: