Golf games often last long on the course which require golfers as well as their rides to be good shape while the game is in progress. Golf carts being an important part of game require a best golf cart battery as well as a its durability. Usually, golf cart batteries have wider plates which can undergo the deep cycles throughout the day compared to the conventional starting battery. Golf cart batteries maintain pretty high rates for a reasonably long span of time and to constantly offer high power productivity regardless of their light-weight structure and that’s why they prove out to be such a useful investment for the Golf Courses. A detailed buying guide & popular brands who makes the best golf cart batteries.
Best Batteries For Golf Carts Comparison
Top 2 Electric Golf Cart Batteries Review
1. Trojan T-105 – Best 6 Volt Golf Cart Battery
The T-105 Trojan 6 volt golf cart batteries are especially designed and built for delivering better performance. With having T-105 batteries in your golf cart, golfers can rest assured that your golf cart is capable of getting you through every game always. T-105 6 volt Trojan batteries are premium quality batteries which always have an edge over their competitors. The T-105 6-volt golf cart batteries belong to Trojan’s flagship line and are designed exceptionally to convene the hardest challenges a golf course could bring.
- Cycle Life: 750 cycles
- 6V golf cart battery
- E3600 battery
- Weight: 62 lbs.
- Amp-Hours (AH): 225 AH @ 20 hr. rate
- Discharge Rate: 447 min. @ 25 amps — 115 min. @ 75 amps
- Dimensions: 10 3/8 in. x 7 1/8 in. x 10 7/8 in.
- Trojan’s exceptional proprietary Maxguard® advanced design separator and exceptional Alpha Plus® paste formulation collaborate to boost Trojan T-105’s battery life, expands function time and diminishes maintenance needs.
- The sturdiness, consistency and verified technology it proffers allow users to rely on Trojan T-105 6V batteries for steady performance round the clock.
- Comes with 6 free replacement & 36 months pro-rated warranty.
- These batteries keep a proper balance between cost and performance and were originally created for golf carts but have also gained huge traction in the solar industry.
- They require proper maintenance at regular intervals of time.
- It is slightly expensive in comparison to the other models available in the market.
Considering the amazing attributes and exceptional functionalities it offers, users tend to stay extremely pleased with the T-105 6 volt Trojan golf cart batteries. Users hardly find any big hassles when it comes to usage, constant maintenance need or pricing. A highly recommended product without a doubt.
Other Links:- Trolling Motor
2. Trojan T-875 – Best 8 Volt Golf Cart Battery
The T-875 8 Volt Trojan is one of the best 8 volt golf cart batteries built for superior performance and having the T-875 battery in your golf cart, users can feel rest assured that your golf push cart can allow you pass through every game every time. The T-875 8 Volt Trojan batteries for golf cart are designed especially to congregate the strongest challenges a golf course could really bring.
- E4800 battery.
- Flooded or wet lead-acid battery.
- Master-vent top.
- Embedded high profile terminals
- Capacity Minutes: 295 @ 25 Amps and 117 @ 56 Amps
- 18 months warranty.
- Dimensions: Length: 259mm, Width: 179mm and Height: 283mm.
- T-875 8V Trojan golf cart batteries weigh just about 1000-1200 Lbs unlike trolling motor batteries in the market.
- The exceptional collaboration of Trojan’s proprietary Maxguard® advanced design separator and the Alpha Plus® paste formulation augments the T-875 8 Volt Trojan golf cart battery’s life, boost functioning time and reduce maintenance.
- The immense proportion of sturdiness, consistency and proven technology enable the users to absolutely rely on this product for steady and superior performance 24×7.
- The Amp-hours are quite weighty and deep-cyclable electrode plates are also heavy; as the amp hours in this golf cart battery are quite similar to the 6-volt counterparts.
This incredible product offers a balanced culmination of pros and cons to its users and caters a lot of golfer’s needs but it offers a good share of hassles too. So, would recommend the users to take decision wisely, and buy an apt Trojan golf cart battery which fits your needs and budget effectively.
Other Links:- RV Batteries
Buying A Best 6v or 8v Golf Cart Battery – What You Need To Know
- Compare the Price of Different Golf Cart Batteries Online
The price of all the items have come down significantly in the past few years and retailers are fighting to make a dent on your wallet so, explore and find lucrative deals online which suits your budget limits and requirements.
- Purchase Batteries by Reliable Retailers
Try visiting the chosen retailers’ official website to acquire the recent details about the golf cart batteries. Don’t hesitate to inquire relevant questions on the batteries they are selling on their website. This will help you know how sincerely they take care of the customer support and if they are conversant on the product.
- Shipping Cost and Other Important Details
With reputed retailers, this would not be something to worry about, but it is important so that you do not end up paying for the secret charges.
- Read the Instruction Manual clearly
Employ all the directions for practice and any guidelines provided in the instruction manual to lengthen its lifespan. Make sure to choose the best golf cart batteries & take care of these batteries to lengthen their life.
FAQ’s For Best Batteries For Electric Golf Carts
The golf battery manufacturers usually warrants just to the original purchaser that their batteries, if bought from the manufacturer or a certified distributor, installer or dealer and utilized in the renewable energy or backup power applications would be free from the material flaws in the material or workmanship from the date it has been sold to the original purchaser from the warranty period, subject to alterations as per the norms.
If the golf cart battery turns out to be non-functional because of any manufacturing defect or otherwise within the warranty period, then, the manufacturer will either: replace or repair the battery with a similar battery or deliver a credit for the pro-rated fraction of the original purchase price during the time of purchase for the substandard product which can be applied toward purchase of a new golf cart battery of the manufacturer and this kind of warranty is non-negotiable.
In the free repair or replacement tenure, the battery would be repaired or replaced by an in-kind replacement and once the battery has got repaired or replaced this warranty will continue concerning the repaired or replaced the battery for the stability of the original warranty time on the original product.
- Pop up the car lid to reach for the battery. You don’t require to remove it. If the battery emerges to be fine then, continue with the subsequent steps but if your battery case has some cracks then, you must replace the whole battery.
- Raise and check, the plastic or rubber covers right on top of the battery to divulge the terminal or clamp edge. Check the battery cables and clamps for extra wear or deterioration. Deterioration looks like a white and ashy deposit around either one or both the battery posts. If the damage is massive then, you might require completely replacing the cables and clamps to avoid prospective setbacks. If the battery cables and clamps appear to be fine with a very little build-up then, follow the prospective guidelines to clean them.
- Before commencing with cleaning the battery you require disconnecting the battery. For doing this loosen the nuts on the clamps with the help of a wrench. After it gets loosened eliminate the negative clamp, blotted with a “-” first. It is extremely essential for the order. Just after the negative clamp is eliminated, eliminate the positive clamp which is marked with a “+”. The clamps might prove tricky to remove, particularly if there is lots of deterioration. You might require using pliers to get them removed. If you require using any metal tools like pliers then, be cautious not to touch the tool to the car frame and the battery during it runs. This will sort out the battery.
- Mix 2 to 3 tablespoons (29.6–44.4 ml) of baking soda with one tablespoon or more of water and stir to create a paste.
- Apply this paste to the battery connections but, you must take care of not getting it on other car elements or on yourself. After the baking soda is applied, you can watch it bubble and foam, because it retorts with the deterioration and then decides to apply this paste accordingly. You might pat it on with an old toothbrush, a wet rag or your gloved hand.
- If the battery terminals have weighty deposits you might require scraping them off. One old butter knife functions perfectly for this. Once you have eliminated the major deposits make use of a wire brush or steel wool for removing the remaining deposits. A simple steel brush works perfectly.
- As the foaming stops then there are no key deposits left to get worn off. You require rinsing your connections and for doing this make use of a little water but be careful to not rinse the baking soda paste within the battery vents, as it can deactivate the battery’s acid and shorten its life.
- Mop the terminals absolutely clean with a waterless clean rag.
- Add something hydrophobic like grease or petroleum jelly to identify how much cleaned the terminals is which will assist in slowing down the prospective corrosion.
- Use a car vacuum cleaner to dust the battery off. The sand and the dust from the courses easily finds it’s the way in the areas surrounding the battery of the vehicle. For regular maintenance, it’s always smart to have a good portable car vacuum cleaner on hand. Cordless car vacs are probably the best choice because most carts don’t have a 12V outlet you’d plug regular car vacuums in. A few minutes once a month can significantly prolong the lifespan of your battery.
- Place the positive clamp first and after that the negative clamp. Make use of a wrench to tighten if required. As the clamps are on, put back the rubber or plastic shields casing the clamp or terminal junction.
Testing Your Golf Cart Battery
- Detach the battery from the golf cart or any other system and then put it on a battery charger. Now follow the battery charger guidelines given by the manufacturer for charging the battery fully.
- Enable the battery to park itself for around 12 hours once you take it away from the charger. This lets any surface charge which would offer you a wrong reading to squander. Avoid re-fixing the battery to the golf cart until the time you have completed testing the battery fully.
- Take out the cell caps which are the plastic caps right on the top of the battery. Put in the hydrometer search within the first cell. If you encompass a squeeze bulb hydrometer, press the bulb and liberate it to pull liquid within the hydrometer. For syringe hydrometers, brake on the plunger to pull up liquid within the hydrometer.
- Read the particular gravity through the hydrometer indicator and return the liquid to the cell. You should repeat the third step for every cell in the battery. Preferably, the defined gravity must be around 1.265 that indicates a full charge. A reading of 1.12 or less signifies that the battery is completely discharged and won’t accept a charge. If a cell differs by 0.05 or more through the other cells then, it might be a dead cell.