You’re pretty familiar with the motors, but there are different types of motors, categorized by position at which they’re installed. Basically, there are only two positions at which a motor can be installed, front and back. Bow front mount trolling motor are favorite for serious fisherman and boat users.
They designed to work well when installed on the front. Often give better performance, and handling capabilities than the motor installed in the back. This happens because, on the front, the whole boat is better steered due to whole body present on the back, your reaction time can increase. These motors have specially designed parts, mainly from alloys, to work in extreme conditions. Bow mounted trolling motors are high durable than normal motors.
Front Mount Trolling Motor - Comparison Chart
5 Bow Mount Hand Control Trolling Motor
- Combining Minn Kota's most responsive, intuitive steering yet with GPS-powered automatic boat control, the Ultrix trolling motor features a next-generation...
- Tap the foot pedal's Spot-Lock button to stay on a fishing spot without touching your trolling motor. When you take your foot off Ultrix's foot pedal, the...
- Using GPS to lock onto fishing spots with Spot-Lock, record and retrace paths, command speed and steering, and more, the I-Pilot Link system allows you to...
- Offering optimal sonar performance to help you find fish, the built-in Universal Sonar 2 keeps your transducer and wiring completely concealed and...
- This Minn Kota Ultrix has a 45-inch shaft length, features 80 pounds of thrust (24 volts), and includes a multi-function foot pedal, heading sensor,...
- Minn-Kota trolling motor, Owners manual, Warranty card
- New Deploy-Assist Lever
- CoPilot is standard, new redesigned foot pedal is available as an option.
- Digital Maximizer
- Wireless handheld control lets you precisely operate the motor from anywhere on the boat
- Innovative mount features easy-to-read LED dashboard that lets you quickly check the status of four key functions in any light conditions
- Pinpoint GPS is the industry's most accurate GPS, provides 3 times precision control and a tighter hold on your anchor point
- High-efficiency electronics are fully encapsulated in high-tech coating, making them impervious to water and dust
- Saltwater motor delivers 55 pounds of peak thrust and has a 54-inch-long composite shaft with a 3-blade Machete III Glass-Filled propeller
- PowerDrive 45 Trolling Motor w/Bluetooth - 12V-45lb-48" The PowerDrive was rebuilt to make it tough
- Features: - Redesigned Mount & Aesthetics: PowerDrive has been redesigned with updated technology
- - Updated i-Pilot: Boat positioning becomes automatic with the revolutionary, GPS-powered i-Pilot
- Set Spot-Locks,record paths, control speed and steering, and more, all on a redesigned remote that
- Updated i-Pilot puts more options and easier operationat your fingertips, including reinvented Spot
- The wireless remote control fits into the palm of your hand easily or can be attached around your neck with a lanyard. Conveniently control the motor on...
- Cruise control keeps your boat at the desired speed by using wireless remote control to press on the speed up or down button then you can focus on fishing...
- Haswing Cayman 12V 55LBS 54" Shaft Bow Mount Trolling Motor is designed and engineered to run quieter than ever before. It's so quiet that the fish will...
- Haswing Cayman 55LBS 54" Shaft bow mount trolling motor can be set up both in fresh water and salt water, it's designed to have excellent corrosion...
- Comfortable to carry the motor with the ergonomic lifting handle, makes you take the motor off the car or boat effortless in every using time. And the stow...
How Do They Work?
The constituent parts are the same for both type of motors; the difference is between their locking mechanisms and handles position. When you install them and connect to the battery, you can directly control the throttle by the handle, or foot control. The trolling motor battery powers the motor, which further rotates the shaft. This is the normal functioning of a trolling motor. There is a microprocessor present in the control unit, which provides variation in speeds, in the backward and forward direction. |The motorhead is consist of alloys, and parts made of aluminum, zinc and stainless steel.
Benefits of a Bow Mount Trolling Motor
There is not much of a difference between front mount trolling motor and transom trolling motors when it comes to features. They are equally equipped and functional on all the levels. They all have strong motorheads and parts. The only locking mechanism is different, which is of course due to the positioning parameters. Still, there are a few points on which a bow mount trolling motor fairs better as compared to transom mount trolling motor.
Better Control & Positioning
Bow mount motors are far better at handling than transom motors. Whether they’re foot control or throttle, you can expect to run them better, and steer well. This is due to their smooth design of the handle. Boats have a tendency not to move forward in a straight line, which because of the push its gets from transom mount trolling motor, with a bow mount trolling motor, its actually pulling the boat and hence works better in moving the boat further without a problem.
If you compare handling between transom mount motors, and this, you will find that they have comparatively less reaction time for steering, this means, time require to steer is less, also, the better radius of turning because of its ability to provide better maneuverability to the boat. It works equally well for copilot trolling motors also known as foot controlled trolling motors as well.
Hope you guys found that useful.