Having the Best Marine Battery Charger is every sailor’s need as your boat batteries need charging once they have completed a deep cycle. Your trolling motor could be the best in its segment, but can’t run without power. A good trolling motor needs a good battery and every battery requires best battery charger each time it completes a deep cycle, to charge, for working as per you want it to. These battery chargers play a very important role in governing the life, charging time, and overall performance of the battery. The one that has correct power factor, ampere rating, out voltage, steals the game. Let us look upon some of the best boat battery chargers available in the market.
Top 5 Boat Battery Chargers – Comparison Chart
Best Boat Battery Charger Reviews
1. NOCO Genius GENM1 On-Board Boat Battery Charger Review
It is the most advanced, safe and performance-driven charger available online. The charger has many features which can be of great use for rough use.
- The ampere rating of the charger is 4 amp, can charge almost every type of 12 volts lead-acid battery. It works well with new technologies like Wet, Gel, MF, and AGM
- The device is extremely safe. It doesn’t generate any spark whatsoever, any charge leakage, overcurrent, short circuit, open circuit, overheating issues are just non-feasible.
- If your battery has started giving problems due to long usage, you can try recovery mode, which can readily rejuvenate the battery, and repairs damaged areas. Deeply charged batteries and sulfated batteries can be repaired by the mode of pulse charging.
- Charging time is almost half than the common chargers available in the market. It uses rapid charging technology to charge the battery, giving you a better amount of charge, in less amount of time.
- The box is tightly packed, not only gives protection against any charge leakage but also is 100% waterproof. You can bring the charger anywhere without any fuss about water.
- The charger comes with 5 years manufacturing warranty, ensuring quality products and services.
2. MinnKota MK 210D On-Board Battery Charger Review
Everyone is well known for the quality products this brand delivers, yet another one from the house of Minnkota. This 2 banks charger is your perfect partner for charging. It delivers 5 amps per bank. Though it is quite heavy, 11 pounds, but does pretty darn good work.
- The charger has integrated microprocessor, specially designed for keeping your battery safe. The regular calculations and manipulations in charging, based upon the battery, makes the battery to charge in less time, delivering good charge anytime you need it.
- The charger has some notifications lights, shows real-time whereabouts of the battery. Such as charge stage, maintenance mode status, any error notifications, and full charge.
- Auto cut off help in saving energy, as well as ensures the long life of the battery, which some common chargers failed to do.
- Multi-stage charging and automatic temperature compensation make the battery to charge more efficiently.
- The battery has a hard aluminum case, making it waterproof, shock and vibration resistant.
- Safer due to protection against short circuit, reverse polarity, and ignition.
- The case is fully resistant to corrosion, commonly caused by salt water, or in case of accidental acid spillage.
3. MinnKota MK-105P Portable Charger Review
This charger by Minnkota is very compatible, portable and handy. The handle of picking it up gives a trendy look to it. It is basically 1 bank, 5 amps charger for 12 volts’ batteries.
- 2-stage charging will help in making the battery full charge, within a minimal amount of time, for better performance.
- The system protects from inverse polarity issues, short circuits, and other connectivity issues. The charger is smart, reliable and credible.
- LED indicators to let you know about the charging process.
- The product has everything covered under 3 years manufacturing warranty.
- The smart working prevents overcharging, undercharging and other issues due to malfunction of the battery. It makes itself safe from the outer effects of the battery.
- It is not waterproof, so you have to take extra care in handling over the boat, in areas nearby water.
- 1 bank could below for your battery, you should definitely upgrade if want a less charging time.
- The body of the charger is handy, but some people may like plain brick-like structure.
- In this price range, it is the best charger for deep cycle batteries and turned out to be a good performer.
4. Schumacher Battery Charger Review – SE-1010-2 10/2 Amp
This charger has a rock solid body, giving out 10 amps with extremely less charging time. The charger is pretty heavy, but a reliable charger, usually bought for heavy work.
- Charging time is less, with 4-5 hours of charging, you get yourself a fully charged battery ready to go anywhere.
- The charger is the perfect item for deep cycle marine batteries, which often require fast charging. In fact, you can charge any type of automobile batteries.
- The circuit is designed well if the battery reaches full charge, the amount of charge delivered automatically decreases to 4 amps. This happens to solid-state circuitry integrated within the charger.
- There is a 6 amp model also available, but this model charges 40% faster.
- Two-year manufacturing warranty.
- There are some problems regarding the voltammeter. Customers have reviewed that the wires are in reverse order, causing to drop the needle below zero.
- Old fashioned charger, lack advanced features(like automatic functioning), offered by other brands in the same price tag.
- Manual charging lets you do some works on the battery, that automatic won’t be able to do, so if you’re “everything by myself” guy, buy it without any second thoughts and enjoy the benefits you get with this best battery charger.